Talk:Université du Québec à Montréal

Page contents not supported in other languages.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

English title?[edit]

Why is the title not in English?

Because the university is most commonly known to English speakers by its French name. I've never seen it called the "University of Quebec at Montreal." Also, the French title is its official name in both official languages. - Montréalais


  • can someone transfer this? Image:Université du Québec à Montréal.jpg from the French Wiipedia?

The new science buildings[edit]

Isen't the 100 million CAN $ worth construction, for the "Coeur des sciences de l'UQAM" important enough to be mentioned? Fadix 00:22, 21 July 2005 (UTC)Reply[reply]


UQÀM or UQAM? Flapdragon 23:30, 8 September 2005 (UTC)Reply[reply]

The proper name is UQAM, no ponctuation on the capital A. Only logo uses the ponctuation, it refers to the lettre "Q". It's for the symmetry of the logo. It also refers to the graduation hat. It has been designed by a UQAM design professor, Frederic Metz.

a little complain[edit]

"The Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) is one of four universities in Montreal, Quebec, Canada." sometimes when i read stuff like tat, i wish there is a easy/quick way to know wat are those four universities. that's something those blue words can't provide. —Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk) 14:21, August 30, 2007 (UTC)

You might try typing "Montreal" in the search box. That article has a whole section about it. Orthografer (talk) 05:16, 2 June 2008 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Which name is the "official" English name?[edit]

I have seen University of Quebec at Montréal and University of Quebec at Montreal. As per Wikipedia:Naming conventions (use English) this article needs to use an English title. However I cannot determine which title is the official English title of the university. WhisperToMe (talk) 04:00, 11 September 2008 (UTC)Reply[reply]


There is a reference to the "Faculté des sciences politiques et des sciences juridiques (Faculty of Political Sciences and Juridical Sciencse)". Beside the typo (Sciencse), this sentence is not correct as the official name of the faculty is "Faculté de science politique et de droit". Science politique is singular (no 's' are needed). Source: -Mickael (non-registered user) 11:09, April 1st 2009 —Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk) 15:10, 1 April 2009 (UTC)Reply[reply]